Friday, January 25, 2013

Bored Thoughts

I've got a problem with marriage. Ever since I was around 10 or so, I thought that couples getting married at a young age is really retarded. I have heard my whole life that people don't REALLY know who they are until they're around 25. The person I am TODAY, could be COMPLETELY different from the person I am in 6 years. This is how it is with roughly everyone. So, for someone to get married at the age of 18, I think is stupid. Let's say, you get married at 18 years old. That gives you 7 years of growing up to do before you hit 25, which is roughly the age where a person knows who they are and what they want in life. But, you've been married for 7 years. Maybe it was a smart choice at 18, but maybe now the person you're married to is the total opposite of who they were. You 2 want different things in life, marriage isn't cut out for the 2 of you, you get divorced. It happens. So, I figure a good age to get married at would be around 25. That way, you know what you want, the other person knows what THEY want, and if you 2 love each other, get married. I just wouldn't want to wake up every day to someone I no longer have feelings for. Feelings come and go. Simple as that. You could be completely and utterly in love with someone one day, and be the complete opposite a week later. There's really no telling.

No comments:

Post a Comment